Hello from the gardens: how time flies with the end of October approaching it's time to get the gardens cleaned up and garlic planted. We're switching over the greenhouse to cool season greens and have lots of beautiful green tomatoes to share. Check out the sales below.
Angus Pop up Market, the last one for the season at the farm is tomorrow,
Sat. Oct. 15th, 10am - 4pm
over 50 vendors, come support local small businesses
Come and enjoy
Storytelling and song at the farm
2pm to 3 pm
Saturday 15 th October
At the white tent by the greenhouse
Stories for children and grown ups
( each story is 10 to 15 minutes )
Available at our Market
On Sale this week:
- Jalapenos, (half price, $2.50/lb) have the super large which are great for making poppers
- Green Tomatoes ($1/lb) yum fried green tomatoes, relishes or ripen at home
- Perennials (35%) off, great time to plant as they establish in cool, wet and then flourish next year without all the worry of watering !
- many sizes of pumpkins
- seed garlic (it's time to plant) instructions on the bag!
- apples (Mac's, Golden Delicious, Honey Crisp, Courtland, Bartlet Pears
- potatoes (yukon), Fingerling potatoes (so delicious with different colours and shapes)
- big bulb onions and green onions
- cabbage (great time to make sauerkraut, kimchi), many varieties and sizes
- diakon radish, red radish
- kale & chard
- spinach and choho (baby form of bok choi)
- sweet peppers and hot peppers
- beets, red and candycane
- winter squash (butternut, pepper, carnival, buttercup, small hubbards and more)
- fennel bulbs
Hope to see you Saturday!
Reminder, our Market stand is open for another two weeks.
Closing Sat. Oct. 29th.
Christmas Market in November
- save the date Saturday Nov. 19th, 10am - 4pm
- in the barn
- farm vendors, hot drinks and snacks
- evergreen workshops and evergreens for sale
- more updates coming soon
Thank You for being part of our farm community this season and dreaming of wonderful things to come in the spring.
All the best,
Kim & Tom