Hello from the gardens, Happy Summer.
Easy to think that the summer is further ahead than it is with these high temperatures and humidity. We are just getting lots of crops in the ground now and lots of seeds.
Great time to plant:
- tomatoes, peppers, eggplant, cabbage, kale, chard,(plants)
- (seeds or plants) of cucumber, zucchini, squash, melons
- seeds for beans, peas, beets, carrots
- lettuces, spinach, arugula (greens) don't like the heat, so can plant in 1/2 shade, behind taller plants or be patient till the fall to plant again.
Seed Racks available for two more weeks! Get your seeds now for the rest of the season planting. Great things to succession seed, beans, beets, lettuces, greens, cilantro, dill!
Tomato Plant Sale - beautiful tomato plants $2 each (tax inc)
beefsteak, better boy, early girl, black krim, purple boy, juliet, lemon boy and more
Ready to put on your patio planters:
- assorted herb planters, tea, culinary, specialty
- cherry tomato and basil planters
Please check out
Rewilding Education, summer camps and future programs moondanceorganics.ca/education/farm-forest-school
Woodland Walks, calm and reconnect: moondanceorganics.ca/events/forest-walks-at-moondance
Refillery: let's reduce packaging, clean up our products and support local. Order with Emma and pick up at Moondance. neighbourhoodrefillery.ca
Here's to lots of good things growing and a kind season of growth ahead.
All the best,
Kim & Tom