Hello from the gardens, So happy to finally get some rain. Now is a great time to get your garden planted, moisture and some cooler temperatures are ideal. Nature again teaching me to accept what is and adapt. Doesn't matter that my planting plan said I should have so much more in the ground. So we'll have a couple of very busy weeks and get caught up now!
Angus Pop up Market Saturday June 10th 10am - 4pm
Saturday is the first Angus Pop-Up Market of the summer!
42 Vendors including community organizations, fresh food, live music, drum circle, activities for the kids, and more!
Our Garden Centre will be open down by the barn. We have vegetable seedlings ready to go into the ground, strawberry plants and other fruit shrubs, organic potting mix and compost, seeds, herb and vegetable planters, local honey, and perennials.
- New this week, beautiful seasonal flower planters, cinnamon basil and many hot peppers!
There will be so much happening! Can't wait to see everyone 🐝🌻🪴
- sweet Asparagus, juicy Rhubarb, some green onions and salad mix.
- new this week, Lambsquarters (a favourite spring edible that is super nutritious and makes an amazing pesto) moondanceorganics.ca/recipes/meals/pestos/lambsquarters-pesto
Feature Perennial, Butterfly Bushes
- the name gives it away, the butterflies flock to this bush
The butterfly bush (Buddleia davidii) is a fast-growing, perennial shrub with masses of flowers—long, spiked trusses—that bloom from summer to autumn. (www.almanac.com/plant/butterfly-bush)
- we love shrubs that support the wildlife and add beauty to our day
Events and Activities
Peaceful Gentle Yoga, starts this coming week, Tues. and Thurs. evenings 7 - 8pm
Wild Edibles Walk and Talk with Karen Stephenson, Sat. June 17th, 1:30-3:30pm
Drumming around the fire, join us to let go and grow the new ..... on the new Moon.
Sat. June 17th @ 7pm
Celebrate the coming of Summer, join us for Yoga and Meditation around the bonfire, Wed. June 21st, 7 - 8:30pm
For more details, check us out on social media and our web events page. moondanceorganics.ca/events
There's more coming and we are looking forward to a summer filled with growing and health for all.
Wishing you much health and happy gardening.
All the best,
Kim & Tom